In order to facilitate fair, focused and intelligent discussion of the issues that concern the Oregon State University community, Orange Media Network requires that all users adhere to the following rules:
1. All user feedback will be posted upon approval by student editors and will be monitored by the user community. All responsibility for user feedback remains with the user.
2. Users are encouraged to report any feedback that does not comply with the rules.
3. Orange Media Network reserves the right to remove posts and/or block users if these rules are violated.
5. All letters to the editor, whether submitted to the online edition or the print edition, and all online story feedback become the property of Orange Media Network and may be used in print editions and online editions of The Daily Barometer.
6. Anonymous letters will not be accepted. Names may be withheld for good cause upon request at the sole discretion of Orange Media Network. Letters may be edited for style, space, clarity and accuracy.
7. Commercial solicitation is strictly prohibited.
By submitting feedback or any content, users agree to the following:
1. You are the author of the submission. You agree to use your full name and not a pseudonym. Submissions found to be submitted under a false name will be removed and the associated account will be deleted.
2. You are not posting personal attacks, messages that inflammatory or are sexual in nature.
3. You are not posting information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
4. Your submission is free of copyright, trademark or publication restrictions.
5. You are not using the website for any unlawful purpose, or encouraging others to engage in unlawful activities.
6. You will not interfere with any other person's use of the website.
7. You acknowledge that third parties may hold you responsible for libel, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness and disclosure of confidential information, and that you will hold harmless Orange Media Network for same.
8. Orange Media Network has the right to disclose any information in compliance with any law, regulation or governmental request that could prevent or assist in the resolution of any criminal, illegal, or any activity in violation of state, federal or local law and/or university policy.